Words of Wisdom

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift. That is why we call it a Present."

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

IN REMEMBRANCE OF MY LOVING FATHER-IN-LAW...




My father-in-law (I called him 'Dad') passed away on August 19, 2008 at 10:13 AM at St. Clare hospital in Tacoma, WA. I still can't believe the fact that I won't be able to see him when I go up to Tacoma next time. This morning I was sad because today, we had a doctor's appointment to see whether we are having a boy or a girl and I wanted to tell him the news as well. He said it was a boy when he saw the images from the ultrasound at 12 weeks and we found out today that HE WAS RIGHT! It's going to be a little Lance Junior! :) His name is going to be Ryan Lance Lee!
I loved my father-in-law so much and I know he loved me very much too. When I first met him, I just came to U.S.A and didn't speak in English very well. He always made sure he spoke to me slowly and asked Lance to translate what he said to me when he didn't think I understood clearly. He also taught me how to prepare Thanksgiving meals. He was a great cook! I loved his lasagna, chicken dumpling and spaghetti. He loved his grandchildren dearly and he was loved by them too. As Lance said at the funeral, he was a selfless person. He always put others before himself and made sure everyone else was happy. He had a rough life and was physically in pain for a long time, but that didn't stop him from loving and caring about others. I already miss him so much. I will always remember him and love him until I meet him in heaven.
I love you, dad!

No comments: